Posted by Watson under Download, Tips on Wednesday Jun 23, 2010
DEV-TEAM had released redsn0w 0.95 beta 3, which is able to jailbreak iOS4 on iPhone 3G (not iPhone 2G, not iPhone 3GS).
Files that required when doing jailbreak and unlock:
1) iPhone 3G iOS4 firmware, download as below:
iOS 4 GM seed – iPhone 3G, 292.3MB
2) Redsn0w 0.9.5 beta 5-3, download as below:
0) BACKUP your DATA on iPhone before proceed further!
1) Restore(in iTunes, press shift+Restore button, look for the iOS4 ipsw files, and click OK) your iPhone 3G to iOS4.
2) Run “redsn0w.exe”, which extracted from the downloaded redsn0w zip file.
3) Select the iOS4 ipsw file, which you used to restore you iPhone 3G just now.
4) Select the options that you would like to enable in the Redsn0w Jailbreak process.
— Install Cydia
— Enable multitasking
— Enable homescreen wallpaper
— Enable battery percentage
Posted by Jas under Tips on Wednesday Jun 10, 2009
I was getting an email from one of the reader few days back regarding his iPhone problem which SpringBoard always crash while playing games. I would suggest you try SwapMode, an application from Cydia(jailbreak your iPhone if you wanna try this).
Basically SwapMode will allow you to switch between normal and game mode. Game Mode will turn off background services and SpringBoard Extensions such as SBSettings, iHome, etc. Your device will behaves as if it is freshly jailbroken with no app and extension installed, thus reducing the chances of system crash during game play. Normal Mode: Revert device to normal operation. Re-boot if necessary should it experience any abnormality.
Congratulation if you have already jailbreak your Apple iPhone and this is the best time to install iPhone applications.
There are tons of FREE iPhone applications available on Cydia. Just add Cydia Repo Sources now!
*BigBoss & Planet-iPhones: http://apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/
*ModMyi.com (formally ModMyiFone.com): http://apt.modmyi.com/
*Niklas Schroder: http://apt.paperclipsandscrambledeggs.com/
*Ste Packaging: http://repo.smxy.org/cydia/apt/
*Steffwiz: Now part of PwnCenter Source
*Telesphoreo Tangelo: http://apt.saurik.com/
*Touch-Mania (German): http://cydia.touch-mania.com/
Cydia Language Sources:
*Apple-News.fr (French): http://apple-news.fr/repo
*comcute (Estonian): http://gecko.pri.ee/cydia/
*CZ&SK iPhone & iTouch (Czech/Slovak): http://csid.tym.cs/repo/
*FreeCoder.org (Chinese): http://iphone.freecoder.org/apt/
*HebDev (Hebrew): http://apt.hebdev.com/
*Hackers Dot NL (Belgian & Dutch): http://apt.hackers.nl/
*i-Apps.pl (Polish): http://cydia.i-apps.pl/
*iFon Norway (aka iFon1) (Norwegian): http://c.ifon1.no/
*iFoneguide (Dutch): http://cydia.ifoneguide.nl/
*iPhone-Notes.de’s Source (Germanic): http://apt.iphone-storage.de/
*iPhone-Patch (Bulgarian): http://mspasov.com/
*IphoneCat (Catalan): http://apple.bloks.cat/repo/
*iPhoneHE.com.il (Hebrew): http://iphonehe.com/iphone
*iPhoneIslam (Arabic): http://apps.iphoneislam.com/
*iPhoneMod Brazil (Brazilian): http://cydia.iphonemod.com.br/
*iPuhelin (Scandinavian): http://ipuhelin.com/cydia/
*Nick S Denon (aka WeHo.ru) (Russian): http://weho.ru/iphone/
*SOSiPhone (French): http://cy.sosiphone.com/
Posted by Watson under Tips on Wednesday Apr 1, 2009
As mention in previous post:
I found a way to disable the 3G or/and EDGE on your iPhone. You can enable it anytime you like if you need it.
Try out this application: BossPrefs (You may get it from Cydia for FREE.)
You can use this application to
- Disable/Enable 3G (Disable this to save you tons of money)
- Disable/Enable EDGE (Disable this to save you tons of money, since it charged the same rate as 3G)
- Disable/Enable WiFi (Any reason we need to do this? As far as I know, NO.)
- Disable/Enable Bluetooth (Good feature, why should I disable it?)